The Bounce Back Loan Scheme is a new scheme introduced to help smaller businesses impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19). It aims to assist those businesses to borrow between £2,000 up to 25% of a business’ turnover (the maximum amount available is £50,000).
Government will cover any interest payable in the first 12 months through a Business Interruption Payment to the lender, and lenders will benefit from a 100% government-backed guarantee.
The government has set the interest rate for this loan at 2.5% per annum and the repayment term is fixed at six years. No repayments will be due during the first 12 months. Businesses remain 100% liable to repay the full loan amount, as well as interest, after the first year.
The Scheme will be delivered through a network of accredited lenders.
More Bounce Back Loan Questions and Answers
- What term can I borrow a BBL over?
- What BBL fees/interest will I be required to pay?
- When do I have to start BBL repayments?
- What products are offered on the BBL Scheme?
- How long will it take me to get the BBL funds?
- How much can I apply for with a BBL?
- How long is the BBL scheme open?
- How do I apply for a Bounce Back Loan?
- Am I eligible for a Bounce Back Loan?
- What is a Bounce Back Loan?